Quacks is one of the oldest existing print houses in the Yorkshire area, originally established in 1703 it is situated conveniently in the heart of York a short distance from the famous Minster.
The name Quacks derives from its original title of The Queen Anne Copy Shop (QACS) .
Although established over 300 years ago, sadly the original staff members have long since moved on, leaving behind only the benefit of their expertise and experience. Among the present compliment of nine dedicated souls there is a collective experience of approximately 80 years in the printing trade. The premises are home to both early antique presses and typographical equipment dating back to the 18th century as well as up to date high quality digital and lithographic printing equipment. Quacks also has a helpful and friendly in-house design and copy writing team to assist with your own printing projects. Below are listed some of our services.
- Get your book published to a high standard
- Optional publicity provided in The Radius magazine
- Our friendly, professional and highly experienced staff will give you all the guidance you need.
- ISBN & ISSN numbers available
- Design work available upon request
- A4/A5 letterheads
- Business cards
- Compliment slips
- NCR invoice forms
- Any sheet fed printing up to A3 size
- Brochures/Booklets/Leaflets etc
Short run digital printing
- High quality offset lithographic printing
- Postcards, menu’s, flyers, calendars, greetings cards etc
- Wedding invitations, plans, albums etc
- Posters up to A3 size
- In-house finishing
Photocopying & faxing
- Colour/black & white
- High quality digital printing
- Image editing and enhancement facility
- Spiral binding
- Bespoke design work available
- Business cards