Quacks is one of the oldest existing print houses in the Yorkshire area, originally established in 1703 it is situated handily in the heart of York a short distance from the famous Minster.
The name Quacks derives from its original title of The Queen Anne Copy Shop (QACS) and the present owners love of water fowl of the family Anatidae.
Although established over 300 years ago, sadly the original staff members have long since moved on, leaving behind only the benefit of their expertise and experience. Among the present compliment of nine dedicated souls there is a collected experience of approximately 80 years in the printing trade. The premises are home to both early antique presses and typographical equipment dating back to the 18th century as well as up to date high quality digital and lithographic printing equipment. Quacks also has a helpful and friendly in-house design and copywriting team to assist with your own printing projects. Below are listed some of our services.
- Get your book published to a high standard
- Free publicity provided in The Radius magazine
- Our friendly, professional and highly experienced staff will give you all the guidance you need.
- ISBN & ISSN numbers provided
- Design work included in quote
- A4/A5 letterheads
- Business cards
- Compliment slips
- NCR invoice forms
- Any sheet fed printing up to A3 size
- Brochures/Booklets/Leaflets etc
Short run digital printing
- High quality offset lithographic printing
- Postcards, menu’s, flyers, calendars, greetings cards etc
- Wedding invitations, plans, albums etc
- Posters up to A3 size
- In-house finishing
- back to top
Photocopying & faxing
- Colour/black & white
- Faxing – 75p for first sheet; 30p per additional
- High quality digital printing
- Image editing and enhancement facility
All popular binding methods
- Dissertation/perfect binding
- Spiral binding
- Glue binding
- Stitch/staple binding